We were green before it was a thing. From the first LEED Platinum skyscraper in the US, to innovative waste management initiatives, environmental responsibility has been the Durst Organization’s ethos since its inception.
Strong relationships are what make us exceptional, and we continually seek new ties that further our sustainable values. Through our partnership with McEnroe Organic Farm, just two hours north of here, we grow organic produce, raise grass-fed animals, and promote the benefits of local ingredients.
We even convert the food waste from our buildings into compost that nurtures our green roofs. And these elevated urban habitats provide a home to the colonies of bees in our beehives on our green roofs at One Bryant Park. So in a way, that meal you didn’t finish could contribute to making the delicious and (very) local honey for your tea.
- One Five One West 42 Street (previously 4TS), the first green skyscraper in the nation now LEED Gold eBOM v4 certified
- Food preparation and organic waste converted to compost at McEnroe Organic Farm
- Interior finishes and construction methods featuring locally sourced materials
- Forest to floor, sustainably harvested wood floors
- Healthy Green cleaning practices
- State-of-the art, energy efficient heating and cooling systems
- LED lighting systems
- Emphasis on farm to table, seasonal food
- Floor to ceiling, 100+ foot living, green wall – 2,200 plants, 12 species, 20 varieties
- One block from Bryant Park, midtown’s urban oasis